Thursday, April 5, 2012

All Good Things End

All good things come to an end...and all good things begin anew.

So I officially left India a month ago to the very day and it feels like a lifetime ago; almost like I was never even there. Its tragic how memories recede like a wisp of smoke or sand caught in the wind; really there is nothing to hold onto. Some people's memories are vivid while other's blur together. I find myself in the latter which makes my love for writing so valuable; I can retain a memory with words and revisit it at any time.

So the blog will continue though I debated whether or not to continue my soliloquizing. Maybe I would have refrained if the journey didn't take me into an equally awesome and ironically opposite direction: Alaska. That's right. I'm currently residing in a hotel in Fairbanks, Alaska, where I will be training for the next month to be a tour guide driver.

But let's be serious for a minute folks: can you see me behind the wheel of forty foot bus? I didn't think so. Nonetheless, some unsuspecting and fortunate guest will get the pleasure of being hosted by yours truly! With that said, I have to admit that I'm rather pleased with my present situation.

But, lest I ramble on that vein, I will simply state that the blog lives on with my thoughts, ideas, and even poetry at times. I am quickly learning that Alaska is equal to the inspiration I found in India only in a different way. So I will write. I will share. And if you should stumble upon this blog, you will hopefully read and find something to amuse you. After all, what's living without sharing life with others?

I landed in Anchorage a week ago before flying to Fairbanks. Final Destination: Denali



No comments:

Post a Comment